Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Aussie Hero is October Finish #1

I am so excited.  My 1st October finish was finished on 3rd October.


The Aussie Hero Quilt is going to a soldier somewhere in the world.
He wanted a quilt that was 'darkish colours with the convict broad arrow symbol'.
(The broad arrow is the symbol of his unit)
 
Since I started sewing to AHQ, I have sewn words or messages into the quilts.  These are the  messages sewn into this one.  Can you tell what they say? (The quilting is is variegated thread, so it sort of occasionally dissapears)


 This quilt is super simple in design, but I really like how the colours came together.

I hope he likes it, but more importantly he knows that someone in Australia appreciates what he is doing for our country.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...