I am so excited, I have finished something.
Back in February Kathy & Jeff Adams of KoolKat Quilting, Highfields (near Toowoomba) came to visit our patchwork group in Roma and show off the Accuquilt cutting system.
We had a wonderful day & I cut lots of my stash into strips, tumbler blocks and these lovely applique motifs.
I ummed and ahhed about how to arrange the blocks and then they just got put aside.
The black fabric I had cut the applique from has a lovely shimmer to it and looks great on the damask cloth I chose. So I finally stopped procrastinating, ironed the applique on and sewed.
Well I sewed, unpicked, got cranky at my sewing machine and stitched some more. But it is now finished. A damask cloth with "arabesque" applique.
And it doesn't look too bad with my flowers on it either.
Now we just need to find a home for the cloth, as I would use a table cloth about once a year on Christmas Day. (And that is a specific Christmas cloth).
So mark this one up as a finish and one to add to the OPAM list.
Oh, yeah I just remembered the damask cloth came from a massive box I picked up at the markets. I have visions of dyeing and using them for backings etc.