Monday, June 6, 2011

"Springtime" stitchery progress

You may recall back in February I blogged about winning these "Fresh Hope" Patterns in a flood relief auction.  These lovely stitchery designs are by a group of Australian Designers who call themselves the "Gum Tree Designers" and the pattern is called Springtime.
 Well after a few doctor's appointments, a State of Origin game on telly and waiting around in various places I have finished block one "Raindrops" by Jenny Reynolds of Jenny of Elefantz
There are 9 blocks in the quilt and each block is accompanied by a phrase.  Well a couple of nights watching TV and I have stitched 5 phrases.  I am really excited as to how my stitching is going.  It is really improving and being red work means the choice of thread colour is really easy.
So at least we have progress.  I have all the blocks traced off ready to stitch, so they will be ready for the waiting room at the hospital when my youngest goes to have his tonsils out.

Give me a cheer for progress  YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...