Friday, January 20, 2012

Welcome to 2012 and a Tshirt challenge

Hi Everyone!!


Welcome back.  It seems like such a long time since I posted, but that is probably because it is.  I took the time out to be away with my family to enjoy Christmas and New Year. 

The children go back to school on Monday and life will return to 'normal' (whatever that means).

I am excited to say I have signed up for OPAM again this year.  I love that is sort of holds me accountable for what I have made.  But I think more importantly, it helps me keep track of what I have made.  I suppose, tracking my progress is the whole reason I started this blog.  I hope that any of you who read it enjoy reading my progress too.

Now as for sewing over the holidays, well, not much got done.

I had one 'essential' task and that was to complete my Sister's Travel Tshirt Doona Cover No2.  To motivate myself we gave it to her on Christmas day as a box of pieces so I would have to sew it before I came home from holidays.

Here is Susan with her box of pieces as she was stressing that she would have to sew it.
 
And through the magic of television blogging, here Susan is with the finished Doona cover approximately 1 week later.  No  I did not make her sew it, I had taken my trusty Janome on holidays with me and I took over my parent's lounge room.
 In situ on her bed in her TEAL bedroom.  Yes, I realise it doesn't match the room, but it was important to match the Tshirts and as they are predominantly from travels in the USA, the colours needed to be red, white and blue.

 A full length shot.  I think it looks like travel stickers on a suitcase or random stamps on something.   I appliqued each Tshirt image to the cover using a red & white spot binding.
Now, as I did not blog when I made Travel Tshirts Doona Cover No 1 I will include a photo of it here.  It is a really bad photo as it was taken at our quilt show 2 years ago.  This one was pieced together after HOURS of maths and calculating.  I think it was made in 2004.
Susan likes her doona cover and it has given the Tshirts a new lease on life.  I am not sure how many years will lapse before I have to make Version 3 the tshirts are already accumulating.

I am excited though.  I can list this as my first OPAM for 2012 and cross it off the UFO tracker list - YEAH - Can I hear everyone cheering???  No it must just be the little people inside my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...