Thursday, January 31, 2013

A final OPAM for January

I managed a 9th finish for January this evening.
All this quilt required was binding, but before I show you the binding let me show you the quilting.
 
 
These curves and circles were quilted on O-me and were definitely a bit of trial and error, they used my new quilting frame template patterns.  With a bit more practise we should get along just fine.
 
 
 The finished result is this quilt for a sailor on board HMAS Toowoomba, as part of Aussie Hero Quilts.
( I hope he likes the Wallabies.)
 
This sailing inspired laundry bag will be travelling with the quilt.
 
 I will just need to keep making soldier quilts, so I can practise my quilting.  
Hopefully I can keep up my finishing momentum.


2 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been on a roll for the first month of the year :) imagine your quilt tally by the end of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acabei de conhecer o seu blog e achei tudo maravilhoso. Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...