Saturday, May 20, 2017

Music, Music, Music

As I mentioned yesterday, Easter is a big deal here in Roma.  We have a street parade on the Saturday morning and community groups, schools & businesses enter floats for the parade.


My family are involved in Maranoa Music Inc, the local community band.
We were decorating a float for the parade when we realised we did not have enough falls for the music stands.  (For the non- music people, the fall is the fabric thing that hangs from the stand to make it look pretty)
 
Being the sewer that I am, that was unacceptable, so I decided I'd better fix the problem.
Thanks to trusty overlocker....
 and unpicking helper husband to unpick the one I sewed upside down...
 we managed to make another 12 falls with pretty gold tassels.
 Thank goodness for the last minute
 And the float was complete.  The Band sounded awesome too.
 This is my family ready for the parade.

 Our Easter Saturday afternoon relaxation, was a trip to the Mud Derby. 
It is always a lovely afternoon and the weather was perfect.
As odd as it sounds, I find sitting at the mud derby relaxing, so I take my hand sewing and I stitch while watching.
 This year's stitching is hearts for the 1000 hearts project. 
 Nice and simple hearts that were easy to sew between mud cars.

 These 15 hearts were packaged up and sent home with my Mother in Law for her to gift to people she comes in contact with.
Until next time.
Debra ~ Outback Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...