Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Costumes and Hearts

Sometimes, the pretty sewing has to be put aside for the 'important' or  "but Mum, I need it tomorrow"  sewing.
That is what this creation is.  A costume for the teenager for the school musical.  
His character is an American Sheriff, so I had to create a uniform for the sheriff.  

Epaulets and pocket triangles added to a fawn coloured shirt seemed to fit the bill.
 
It appears I forgot to photograph the finished shirt.  Oh well the production is on in the next couple of weeks, I'll try to remember then.

The Sheriff also needed a holster for his pistol.  You cant see it, but it is sewn.  Got to love having a craft cupboard of random fabrics. I knew the black vinyl would be handy eventually. LOL.

 My 'no stress' sewing lately has been felt pocket hearts for the 1000 Hearts Project.  These pretties were sent to an acquaintance who's had a tough time lately.  One for herself and others to share with her  local support crew.  If you are interested, pop over here to find out more about the 1000 Heart Project.

Catch you again soon.
Debra ~ Outback Crafter

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debra what a great sherries outfit ,what a caring thing to do with the caring hearts xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...