Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another UFO has vanished & become a "Care Quilt"

Yes, you read correctly, I have 'vanished' another UFO from my list.

I made this tumbler quilt is for the "Care Quilt" stash that my patchwork group (Roma Patchwork & Crafters Inc) are trying to make in anticipation of need in our community.  
When our town flooded in 2010 and 2011 we were really caught unprepared to assist, so we decided to get ourselves organised and ensure we can assist in some way for the next tragedy. (Which unfortunately will occur, as they always do).

This "Tumbler Stripes" quilt was made using the Accuquilt "Tumbler" block, some great neutral backing fabric and ricrac.
 A close up of where the 'stripes' meet.
I am really taken with this quilt.  It is quite feminine and soft.  I am sure when the time comes, there will be a lady who loves it.

The photo below is the first "Care Quilt" given away by the Club. Made by one of our other members Bev,  it is also a tumbler design but using scrappy fabrics.  It was donated to an auction to raise funds for one of the local nursing homes.  It sold for $260 at auction.  The club are glad it could assist in this way.

Hopefully our "Care Quilts" will provide comfort wherever they are sent.

Please keep the East Coast of USA in your prayers.  Some of the ladies who I am blogging friends with are in the path of hurricane Irene.  As we know, all natural disasters are unpredictable and hopefully Irene will pass with minimal loss of life.

3 comments:

  1. The care quilt looks good, D. Well Done. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from UK. I have just found your blog via Quilting Gallery. I do like the ric-rac finish on your tumbler quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your quilt, and think it is wonderful the work you are doing for the community. This year has had so many weather related catastrophes, there are lots of people that need all the help they can get.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...