Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Springtime" Stitcheries Complete

Well, now.  Let me introduce you to blocks 8 & 9 of "Springtime".

I am very excited all my stitcheries are done for this quilt.  Now I get to start playing with the piecing and hopefully a finish won't be too far away.


This is block 8 "In A Twirl" (sitiched backwards by me) designed by Vicki Tueck of  The Pickledish Patch (formerly Tozz's Corner)  this cute twirl has a spider's web and spider hanging out in it.
 And block 9 is "Spring Has Sprung" by Fiona Ransley of Designs by Fee (formerly Mother's Cupboard).  I love the little rabbit in the front of this design.

 Now that is 9 stitcheries and 9 verses complete and one lovely label sent to me to put on the back of the quilt.  Now I just have to do that piecing.

I am really liking this quilt.

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks look really great Deb and I look forward to seeing the qhilt all done :) How special that you won the pattern and the label to put on it :) Well done :) Hugs Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for sharing that with me Debra - I feel very honoured that you have completed it. Not having gumtrees anymore is very sad.... But I am still close friends with all of the girls and they will be thrilled to see your completed quilt.

    Hugs - Fee XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!

    thank you for sharing all that you do on here. you help inspire me to finish up my things...and start new ones! :) i just recently started reading your blog and i have a question as to where you got the patterns for the "springtime" blocks. i have some very old red and white blocks (that were made by a family member way before i was in the family) and these blocks would look perfect with them. i have been looking for some redwork blocks - but these really fit the bill. if you could share with me where i can get the pattern i would greatly appreciate it.

    thanks for sharing all that you do!

    sincerely,
    another debra
    (california)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All,
    After receiving Debra's request yesterday I thought I should post an option I found for purchasing these patterns. As you may be aware, my patterns were won in an auction, but saying that they are sold as "Fresh Hope" Patterns.

    I have found a link to an Australian store that is stocking the set
    http://www.patternsonly.com/fresh-hope-springtim-redwork-quilt-sewing-pattern-set-60-x-60-p-3060.html

    good luck for anyone wanting to sitich "Springtime" it is lovely.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...