Monday, August 8, 2011

Block Buster Weekend and a new Bag

This weekend saw my patchwork group host .....
(ignore the fuzzy bit, that is to protect personal details)

 the purpose of Blockbuster weekend is to finish something you didn't finish at a workshop, or make some progress on something that has you stumped.

Now only 4 ladies took advantage of this opportunity but check out what they made.

Colleen's Circle - (yet to decide what it will become)

 Gayle's bargello is joined up ready for borders
 Cecily completing an inherited UFO - lovely isn't it (and you can't see in the picture but the flowers are 3D)
Collen & I made a bag (yes Colleen was very busy)
and a shot of my bag in its beautiful glory.  I love the fabric, it is Divine.  It is a pre-quilted fabric and I love it.  The pattern is so rich.  I feel really flash with my special bag.
And I discovered when I packed up to come home from the weekend, it holds heaps of quilting supplies, so not just an overnight bag.

Unfortunately due to some technical difficulties with my ability to measure correctly, my bag took way longer than expected and I had to spend some intense time with my quick unpick.  This meant that I did not achieve any of the other projects on the list, but I had some great fellowship and laughs with other ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...