Thursday, January 26, 2012

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

To all Aussies out there HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY.

It is raining here today so we have hung out indoors cleaning cupboards but to be Australian we had MEAT PIES for lunch and LAMINGTONS on the VERANDAH for afternoon tea.  We have also listened to 400 (or more) Australian songs.  400 may be an exaggeration but it was a lot especially by John Williamson.

As I have no photographic evidence of anything Australian I have made this year, here are a few closeups from my Australian Quilt from 2003.
I Love this Australian flag superimposed on the map of Australia surrounded by wattle flowers.
 Cooktown Orchid the Queensland State Flower (my state of birth)
 Sturt Desert Pea the state flower of South Australia (hubby's state of birth)
 and this one is a little hard to see, but the Australian animals are having a flag raising ceremony.
I hope however you have celebrated Australia Day you felt PROUD to be an Aussie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...