Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fast February and Frantic Finishes

Well I can safely say that it is a good thing that February had 29 days this year as I needed today to claim my OPAM finishes for the month.

February has gone so fast for us.  Now that may have been influenced by this...

flooding and cleaning up
 or possibly this knee operation and subsequent lack of mojo
So having having had no desire to sew, or quilt, or even hand sew I didn't think I would get anything made.  However on the weekend when I was going stir crazy my wonderful hubby told me to "GO SEW".  So after unearthing my sewing table from accumulated stuff I found a quilt that I should have finished last year & got to work.

The resulting quilt is my only February finish, just in the nick of time.

"Junior Campus Hands"
 This quilt was started late last year with children from my boys' school.  The children were from Prep to year 3 and they all stitched the outline of their hand onto a block and I joined and quilted the quilt.

I love some of the tiny hands and the lovely hand-writing.  One of the little Preppies even wrote their name backwards (middle yellow block below) and it has been captured forever.  It is a cute 'snapshot' of a moment in time.
 There are 2 large hands in the quilt.  The Head of Campus and Head of Early Phase of learning were stitched too.
 and to complete the layout, a school logo cut form an old school shirt.
I think it turned out quite well and as of this weekend, it should be hanging in the school office.

And because I realised I hadn't posted "Future Hunk" T-shirt finish from January -  here it is.

.  Now to explain my eldest child is a 9 year old boy and as any mother of boys will know, once your children are out of size 6 clothes, the only available designs are skulls, skater dude and other 'older' images.  T does not like these and neither do I, so when we were on holidays in January we found a cute "Smurf" baby shirt that he asked me to 'make bigger'.
T loves his shirt and someone always makes a cute comment when he wears it.

Hopefully March will see me back on schedule with some creative finishes.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that quilt? Looks good. Mrs H at school would have been pleased to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...