Saturday, April 9, 2016

December - where oh where did my year go??

Wow, December always comes around way to quickly.
2015 was no exception.


In 'sewing land' I was able to see my son's enjoyment as he completed his Grade 8 Home Economics Boxer Shorts.  He was so proud and enjoyed the process so much, that he made a 2nd pair as a Christmas present for his brother. (Not sure where I put that photo)

 I continued work on "Mum's Quilt".  This quilt was a jelly roll quilt that Mum had made because 'anyone can make a Jelly roll quilt'.  It was a centre that needed turning into a quilt, so after, borders, procrastinating, finding a "mum approved" lily silhouette I was back to work to finish it.
 Water Lily silhouette with 'stained glass' edging
 I then remembered that I had promised the boys personalised pillow cases for Christmas, so a frantic afternoon sewing and they had "Star Wars" & "Pokemon" pillow cases ready for Christmas day.

 
We then headed to Brisbane to spend Christmas with the family.  Mum's quilt wasn't quite finished, so I was binding whilst taking in the view.

 Finally Finished.
 It looks good on Mum's bed
 and more importantly Mum is happy with it.



Then it was Christmas and in a heartbeat it was New Years Eve.

This was our view for NYE .  It was our wedding anniversary & my sister had arranged a motel in the city for us all. The view of  South Bank was AMAZING!!
 Apparently 15 years wedding anniversary gift is crystal.  Hubby did not think this Waterford Crystal Chandelier was appropriate.  At only $15000 it was a bargain.  :)
 As sun set on 2015 we prepared for the fireworks
 
They did not disappoint.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
  

Trying to be a better blogger in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...