Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bags, Bags, Bags

Bags, Bags, Bags  there are bags everywhere in our house at the moment.  I have been knitting to keep myself occupied while awaiting news of my ill Grandmother.  

Nanna (91) was a knitter for most of her life and has only stopped knitting in the last 5 or so years as her age has moved on.

This cow bag was being knitted when I visited  Nanna in hospital a few weeks ago.  
What do you think, cow or Dalmatian?
 Then an elegant brown, white & grey.
 And a beautiful pink/red and brown. (The photo doesn't do it justice, the brown wool is as dark as the handle). This is the front
 and the back of the same bag

and tan/turquoise and chocolate with funky handles. (once again the colours are wrong but it is gorgeous)
 and the back of the same bag.
All these beautiful bags will hopefully find new homes on the weekend as they are going to the "Roma Growers and Artisans Market" so for $25 each they will hopefully be going to new homes. 

I think Nanna would be impressed  that I have been knitting.  It is easy to do and doesn't require too much attention so I have been 'feeling' my way along the rows.

See you at the markets. (Are you impressed Susan, they are for sale)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy... Deb you sure have impressed me. First Patchwork, then cardmaking, now knitting... Lady, I dont know how you find the time... Where are the markets... are they only on the week-end... I hadn't heard about them... (so I guess you are not coming to Injune, sewing over the week-end) Had some pretty Fabric Flower Pins I had just made that I wanted to show you :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...