Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bindi's 21st Birthday Quilt

As you may recall from my last post, I mentioned a certain 21st birthday quilt that had been the jumping point for my Optical Illusion Quilt.

Well the postman delivered the quilt to Bindi today, so I can reveal it now.
 After much fabric shuffling and changing I decided to just go with the geometric print and selection of lovely teal fabrics from my stash and stitched them together in my favourite "Shaggy Quilt" Style.  


All of the blocks are backed in the great geometric rose print.  It gives a BOLD front & a soft back.
 It is a little hard to see, but each teal block is quilted with a specific word or design.  This block says BINDI, others say 21st, BTH (her initials), love hearts and barbed wire.
 
I just realised that I didn't photograph the quilt flat, so you will just have to believe me when I say it looked good.

I bound this shaggy quilt to help reduce moulting from the edges.  The binding is the spot/circle/egg shaped print that you can see here.

  I hope Bindi Likes it and I hope it receives lots of use.
Happy Birthday 21st Bindi.


2 comments:

  1. Bindi's quilt is nice and bright ! Im'm sure she will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color choice in this one!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...