Friday, October 21, 2011

A hat for Mum

When my parents came to visit a couple of weeks ago I was given the task of making a custom fitting hat  for my Mum.
Now it has been close to 2 years since I did the hat making workshop and so the old grey cells got a bit of a work out trying to interpret my notes.
I forgot to photograph the hat while it was here so thanks Mum & Dad for emailing these through.
Mum wanted a small brimmed hat that would keep her head warm for when she next travels to Europe.

 It is made from tiny corduroy.  Not perfect and looking at it now I wish I could reach it to unpick the top, but Mum says she likes it and it will squash nicely in her suitcase and 'come back to shape again' when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...