Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Today is Queensland Day

June 6 is Queensland Day.
The day we commemorate becoming a State in our own right - the day we separated from NSW and went out on our own.

Celebrate Queensland
 Now in Roma Qld day was celebrated by a very special parade.  Does this photo of the boys and I give you any clues?
 How about this one with Sam Thaiday?
 Yep - the 2012 Qld State of Origin team made a visit to town today and it was great. The town was buzzing with excitement and the kids were delirious with excitement.

Here we are with Mal Meninga (about the only one I actually recognise myself - I am not a huge footy follower) but a very proud QUEENSLANDER!!
June 6 is a special day in our family too.

Today is my Nanna Blakey's Birthday. Nan would have been 92 today.
 Nanna passed away just over 12 months ago and I miss her so much, particularly when I am creating and definitely on 'her' day. 
 Happy Birthday Nan.  I love you.

1 comment:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...