Monday, September 4, 2017

August AHQ #2

Aussie Hero Quilt #2 for August was fun to make.
I used donated blocks to make the giant stars on the top & bottom.  I love the red, white & blue star in the top section, unfortunately the bottom star is not quite as obvious, but it is still there.

This quilt used my favourite AHQ border material, Australian Flags.  it is quite a happy fabric.
 This recipient requested the rising sun and once again the AHQ embroidery fairies stepped in to provide me with one. That rising sun is very complex.
 I was also to send a laundry bag to this fellow, so I dug into my 'quirky' fabric collection to see what I had.  These black & white signs were perfect and the bag will be very distinctive.
Safe travels to the recipient.  Come home safely to your family.

Catch you soon.
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...