Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back for 2011

Well it is hard to believe that January is almost over and this is my first blog entry for 2011. I guess the business of school holidays and the desire to spend that time with my kids has been a much higher priority than blogging.


Our family had a lovely Christmas even with the sudden change of plans due to Queensland flooding.  I was overwhelmed to come home and read all of the fundraising efforts being put together by so many in the blogging community.


I fell in love with a few of the things on offer and was pleasantly surprised when I won a raffle run by Sew Useful Designs.  Vikki raffled her latest published creation ("Are we there yet" Travel Caddy)  that I had been dying to make.  And I won.  I am so very excited and a little speechless. 

(photo from Sew Useful Designs)
Now I can hear you asking, "How does this help the flood victims?", to enter we had to make a $5 donation to the Premier's flood appeal and send Vikki our receipt number.  I don't consider myself a lucky person and usually avoid raffles, but this travel caddy will come in handy and  I am sure hubby will appreciate me not scruffing around the centre console of the car looking for my bits and pieces.

So many thank yous again to Vicki for her generosity.  Collectively all the raffles/ auctions run by crafty bloggers raised just over $99 000. That is awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...