Thursday, January 27, 2011

OPAM 2011

Those of you who have read my blog for a little while would have heard me mention OPAM.  Well it is back for 2011.  The wonderful Kris from Tag Along Teddies and her mate Pam have launched OPAM again and this year I am officially registered YEAHH. 

OPAM means One Project A Month.  Try to complete one project a month.  It might be a UFO, a WIP a PHD or a something you want to start, but the aim is to finish one project a month and be accountable to someone.  That is where the registration part comes in.  The 200 registered OPAMers have to send their finishes in to be counted in the major count.  See the OPAM button over there on the side, that will update at the end of each month with the number of finishers that the registered OPAMers have done.


(Remember this beanbag cushion?  It was my first project of 2010.  I still love it and hope to get a few different ones made this year) (No this picture does not necessarily relate to this post, but a picture brightens things up)

Last year I was an unofficial OPAMer and it was great at the end of the year to look at my list of finishes and see what I had done.  It often feels like I have made nothing, but having somewhere and someone to be accountable to, helps keep it in perspective.

So if you thought you'd like to join OPAM race over to Kris at Tag Along Teddies and see if there are any spaces left.  Even if it is full, follow along, you never know what inspiration you might receive.

Now off to find my sewing table before I get the boys from school (well okay, let's be realistic, off to begin to find my sewing table.  The pile is way too high to sort through in 1 hour)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...